Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Abby update - May 2

With the boom of thunder and streaks of lightning going on outside right now, I don't think I'm going to keep my fingers attached to an electronic device that pulls lots of amps for very long this evening. Besides, everyone else in the house (including the two dogs) are all bedded down together downstairs for comfort, so I need to join them!

So, just a short note to say everyone had a good day today. We squeezed a walk in this morning between the thunderstorms of last night and today. Abby's second test went well (a 92!), and Frank's 2nd and 3rd tests went well. I'm almost ready for my fourth workshop in 9 days (in Boerne tomorrow), and, as a result, I didn't pursue my new hobby tonight.

Oh yeah, my new hobby...I failed to tell you the story of how Frank thought his mom had gone over the edge yesterday. We'd gone to a string shop (as in violins, cellos, etc.) to get a small repair done on Abby's violin. Much to Frank's amazement, as we waited on the repair, I told the young man behind the counter that I'd like to rent a cello! Actually, I've always loved the cello, and, maybe it's like a lot of things you think of when you're in your mid-40s, but I just thought, "now's the time to learn!" So, we loaded a cello into the back of the CRV with Frank's baseball gear and our gym bag, and I brought a cello home. I discovered that I do really love the sound of a cello, but that getting it to make music is not one of those immediate gratification things. So, now my theoretical schedule for each day (note the emphasis on theoretical) includes cello practice time...I'll let you know when music finally emerges. All I can tell you is that, if Abby is still willing to practice the violin, even with all the trouble her hand tremors give her, then I certainly can spend some time with my cello--she inspires me.

Okay, that last lightning strike was close enough--I'm signing off, and dreaming of Yo Yo Ma...
Abby & Frank's crazy mom

1 Comments:

At 12:56 PM , Blogger Jessie said...

Hey, Abby! I enjoyed speaking with you last night! I hope you had fun watching "The Sound of Music". It's a great one! Have a good weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home