Monday, May 07, 2007

Abby update - May 7

I've been trying to talk Frank into writing tonight's blog, but he's opting to read a book on sharks instead. Imagine that! I thought perhaps I'd let him give you the scoop on tonight's game, but I guess I'll have to report that with the Yankees got another win. Frank was the closer again. He struggled with a very tight strike zone, but still managed to get three strike-outs to finish out the final inning (Gordon has dubbed him "Lights Out Linam.").

Abby had a pretty good day as well. She had an assignment to memorize some scripture verses and had really been struggling with it, so today I asked her speech therapist to work with her to develop some memory strategies. The two of them used a combination of singing some parts and memorizing some key words, and, by the end of the hour, she could do it! I've been worrying about these "finer" points of recovery so much lately--focusing on them really--so seeing her accomplish that task was good for me. I also just had a real peace this morning as we took our morning walk that God wants to make Abby fully whole again, and that I need to stop focusing on the missing pieces and instead celebrate each day's joys and accomplishments.

That kind of focus should make each day go better!
Joy to you...
-the Linams

2 Comments:

At 10:46 PM , Blogger JG said...

What more can be said - Amen.

FYI Your Florida cousins are coming to Mississippi Memorial Day Weekend. What about y'all??

 
At 12:13 AM , Blogger Stephen said...

Hey Frank,
I hear you have been striking them out! I hope you had a great birthday (yesterday now)!
Uncle Stephen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home