Sunday, May 13, 2007

Abby update - May 13

What a difference a year makes. I honestly don't think that I remember what we did last year on Mother's Day, and maybe I won't remember what we did today, but I know that I'll always remember that Mother's Day 2007 was the year I knelt in gratitude to God for giving me Frank and re-giving me Abby. As I knelt beside their cozy beds in their messy rooms tonight and remember back to those long nights of kneeling by Abby's bed in ICU, my heart overflows with thankfulness and I am blessed.

Just for posterity's sake, here's what we did today. After a busy morning at church we went to my brother and sister -in-law's house in Cuero to join my Mom there for a cook-out. Abby had a good time visiting with her cousin Kayla and with her horse, Cheyenne. Frank had a good time flying his remote control airplane and eating poppyseed cake (the final of his several birthday celebrations). Oscar, their Jack Russell Terrier, and Chuey, their giant Great Pyrenees, enjoyed all the company, including a chance to meet Gordon's parents and sister later in the day.



So, maybe I will forget the details, but I think we all will treasure the spirit of love and blessings that this day brought to our hearts...
Love,
Abby's Mom and family

1 Comments:

At 8:22 AM , Blogger Greg and Linda and family said...

We had a lot of fun celebrating mothers day this year. Kayla had so much fun she stayed with Grandma and slept for about 3 hours I think from pure exhaustion from the day. We were glad to be a part of Franks birthday celebration as well. That remote control plane is pretty neat you just want to watch your head: )
Of course the highlight of the day for me was visiting the horses. Abby is welcome to come and play with horses with me any time she wants to : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home