Monday, April 16, 2007

Abby update - April 16

Things are feeling all too normal around here right now. Frank is giving Abby a hard time about spending too long in the bathroom, Abby is glaring at her brother because his latest pesky activity was squirting her with a watergun, the discussion about who should get the watergun out of the trashcan has led to some pinching and yelling--yep, we're a typical family with a 10 (nearly 11)-year-old and a 13-year-old....

But our day started out peaceably. Abby enjoyed a morning walk with me, the dogs, and Frank before doing a little homeschool work. She joined classes at Hill Country Christian School at 11 a.m., and I found a chance to speak with her teacher, Mrs. Doncov. I'm very encouraged about her sensitivity and optimism for Abby. Ever since Abby was in kindergarten I've felt like Hill Country was a safe, encouraging and nurturing environment, and I'm so thankful that the school is there for Abby now.

This evening was special as well. Frank had baseball practice, and Abby joined us there after school. We threw the softball around some, but she also tried out her bat for the first time since the accident. She was doing great hitting some soft tosses! Her form is still there (thanks Coach Amy!), so we've just got to work on the speed and strength. In fact, we thought she was going to have to step in and join her old team for their game this evening, but their missing players showed up just in time...I think she was ready in spirit...

Things have settled down now around the bathroom, and Hank the Cowdog is waiting for me and Frank, so I think I'll sign off...

In His love,
-the Linams

2 Comments:

At 10:18 PM , Blogger JG said...

sure am glad you are posting early tonite. wish abby could have played.

 
At 2:15 PM , Blogger Jessie said...

Frank and Abby, I need you! My softball team's first game is tomorrow and I haven't played since middle school! I'm afraid that we might not have as great a record as Frank's team. But it will still be fun!

I'm so glad you got to enjoy the zoo! I was at the Denver zoo on Saturday and also was able to see some beautiful Lorikeets, as well as some monkeys I had never seen before.

I wish we could practice together, Frank! I'm sure you would have lots of good pointers! Love you guys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home