Sunday, April 08, 2007

Abby update - April 8

I just thought I’d let a few photos fill in Abby’s news from yesterday.

I really love these photos of Abby and Cheyenne. Abby was so happy to see her, and it really shows in the photos and in the way Abby handled her. Cheyenne has enjoyed her “vacation” with the other horses, however, and I’m not at all sure she’s ready and willing to be “mastered” by a young rider again (she never has been very “willing” or completely trustworthy in that regard). Please pray for us as we need to make wise decisions about Cheyenne that keep both Abby’s safety and emotions in mind. For the moment, we very much appreciate Greg and Linda (and little Kayla) who have been providing Cheyenne with a good home.

All in all, it was a good weekend. It was our first trip “home” since Abby’s accident, and, at each stop along the way, I found myself giving thanks for family and for the blessings of our lives. It was so good to be with grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins (of our kids), along with old friends who have been faithful prayer warriors, and, despite winter’s last gasp, it was good to be overlooking the Austwell bay at sunrise this morning, giving thanks for life and Love.

With love,
Lee Ann, Gordon, Abby and Frank

3 Comments:

At 11:54 PM , Blogger Greg and Linda and family said...

It was so fun to see Abby, Frank, Gordon and Lee Ann this weekend. We were sorry to not be able to go to Austwell for more time with all of you and also with Abby's Uncle Stephen and Grandma but with Kayla being sick we stayed home. It was such a joy to see Abby with Cheyenne. Abby did an amazing job handling Cheyenne. Frank did a little exploring in Cheyennes pasture. On Sunday we enjoyed seeing all of you again as well as Grandma Johnson. Kayla loves her cousins Abby and Frank.

 
At 3:15 PM , Blogger Monique said...

Hey, the new pictures are wonderful. Abby looks great, as does Cheyenne Frank and Gordon ! Happy Easter season to all.
Take care,
Hugs and Blessing

Monique :)

 
At 5:42 PM , Blogger ~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Hi just stopping in to catch up. My brother, Zach, was first on the scene of the accident as it happend near his house. My mom keeps me abreast of what is going on. I train horses in Flower Mound, TX but no one told me that Abby had a horse. Horses are great therapy. Please let me know if there is any way I can help Abby with Cheyenne. Sincerely, Jennifer Abbott

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home