Monday, February 19, 2007

Abby update - February 19


Today I finally got to see a biofeedback session. It was so cool I thought I should include a picture! They place external electrodes on Abby's muscles and then observe the computer monitor to see if the proper muscles are firing for the movement she is undertaking. They had Abby nearly doing one-legged knee bends (I wouldn't want anyone to monitor me trying that!). Both sets of quadriceps have shown a lot of improvement, although the left leg is still firing more effectively than the right.

All in all, Abby, Frank and I had a pretty good time at St. David's today. I helped Frank with his schoolwork, but we took some breaks to watch (and help with) Abby's therapy and to throw the football outside. Abby's pretty comfortable with the routine and the staff there now, so it's okay for us to not be with her for every session, but we enjoy breaks together and playing some games or taking a walk during lunch. It has been such a blessing to be together as a family through all of this.

I've got to testify that I'm feeling very thankful this evening. This Sunday our family is presenting the worship service at church--a thanksgiving for all that God has brought us through. As Gordon and I re-read some older notes and blog posts in preparation, we have been reminded of how far Abby has come, but as we looked at some photos of Abby from ICU the reality of one of Gordon's insights really hit me: Abby has returned from the valley of the shadow of death. I don't know why she had to go there or why she got to return, but I am deeply, deeply thankful she did come back. I know you all have celebrated that return with us. You can keep on celebrating with us this Sunday at 10:45 at the New Braunfels Church of the Nazarene if you like!

Until then (or tomorrow night)...
Abby's family

1 Comments:

At 6:06 PM , Blogger Greg Johnson said...

Are you just trying to make your little bro cry or what! What a wonderful blog! I am certainly glad she got to come back, also. What a wonderful testimony she will have to share the rest of her life.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home