Sunday, February 11, 2007

Abby update - February 11

We had a good Sunday today, but I think we're all tired. After church Gordon, Abby, and I enjoyed watching a local (in New Braunfels) production of The Sound of Music featuring our own pastor's wife. Abby seemed to really enjoy it and was singing along.

Several things today, however, made me feel like Abby must be feeling weary. Her posture today was really stooped, and, although she usually can stand up straighter when I remind her, today she just expressed frustration that she was standing up as straight as she could. She also expressed a lot of frustration when she was working on some "homework" assignments from her teacher and speech therapist. Although she did the work correctly, she had tears in her eyes, and, when I asked her what was wrong, she said "That work was just too confusing." It breaks my heart that I can't fully understand everything that she's feeling and that I can't fix what I understand. Please just pray for her not to feel too weary or discouraged...I keep reminding myself that the road to recovery is long for us, but it's also long for her too...

Thanks for continuing to read and pray for the long haul...
Love,
Abby & family

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM , Blogger Betty said...

Abby:
We did not know about this until your Grandmother Johnson told us last night. So we will try it.
You are so beautiful, smart and loving. You sure have a lot of people and animal friends. My church prayer chain still pray for you and I do also. They always ask about you when I go on Friday to volunteer. Do you remember the time that you and I walked from Little Acres Road to your house after your mother put us out to walk. You sure could outwalk me that day. It will soon be valentines day. Happy valentines day to you all. We all love you.
Aunt Betty and Family

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home