Saturday, February 10, 2007

Abby update - February 10

Once again we've had a full Saturday, so a tired Abby has told me that I have to write the blog again because she's going to bed. Frank's waiting downstairs for us to finish Gone with the Wind (I think he's still hoping for some graphic Civil War battle scenes--I'm not sure how long he's going to be patient with Scarlett's drama queen performances...), so I guess I'd better offer a quick update.

Abby had violin group practice this morning and put in a marathon session. She once again started out playing with the beginning students, where the warm-up exercises are great therapy. More students arrived as the morning went on, and as they worked their way up through progressively harder songs, Abby just kept playing and playing. Before we knew it, she was playing some of the Book 3 songs. As she kept playing Paula and I just kept glancing at each other and smiling. It's all there--Abby just needs a little more help from her muscles to make things smooth! And once again I was encouraged by other studio moms (and dads) telling me how much they'd been praying for Abby.

During the afternoon and evening we helped the Jordans, our former neighbors (and Taylor's grandparents who spoil Abby and Frank like they were their own grandchildren...) celebrate their golden wedding anniversary. We had great fun, food, and music (Johnny D and the Rockin' 88's) at Fischer Hall, and, again, we met more people who had been praying for Abby and for whom her very presence there was a blessing.

Frank had a basketball game this afternoon, and, though he says that I shouldn't even mention it (it's been a "character-building" season this year), Gordon says Frank played a good game, with lots of good passing and defense and a few points...

Well Tara is beckoning, so I'd better close...blessings to you all...
-Abby's family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home