Sunday, February 18, 2007

Abby update - February 18

Not much to report today--just another beautiful day filled with friends and blessings and little steps forward. We had one of those little steps in memory this morning. I was fixing breakfast, when Abby came downstairs in some casual clothes. She paused and then said, "Oh, today's Sunday--I guess I better go change these clothes." (And, believe you me, I, in my bathrobe and towel on my hair, did not give her any clues by my appearance!). I don't know how she figured out it was Sunday, but she did, and I was thankful.

After church we all headed to Palmetto State Park where I recruited Abby, Frank, and Frank's friend, Arthur, as volunteers with some other 4-H kids on one of my monitoring projects. Okay, the species we were looking for, a small snail found only in this park, isn't very exciting to watch, but Palmetto State Park and the weather were both beautiful. Abby did well at recording data and made us smile at one point...I had been away from her and the boys for a while helping out the other groups of kids, when Abby told Gordon, "Mom is spending way too much time gratifying that group." Some things are still very hard for her, but we've noticed that her vocabulary is still quite impressive! (And then there's that dry little sense of humor...)

Well, tomorrow begins another busy week, so we'd all better get our rest...hope you have a good one!
-the Linams

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home