Thursday, November 09, 2006

Abby update - November 9

Today I think Abby was tired, and I was too. She was a little more wobbly than usual in therapy and, even though she got to visit with a really smart little Norwich terrier in a pet-assisted therapy session, she was experiencing so much frustration that I don't think she was as aware as she might have been. Those times are hard for us--especially remembering how very capable and interactive she should be with dogs. Thankfully, God usually provides someone to speak with us at those times, and a mother of a boy in therapy shared how far she and her son have come in their recovery.

I don't blame Abby for being tired. The pace here, with therapy, medical care, and hygiene care, keeps us all busy all day. This evening was a nice change, however. We've noticed that television seems to catch Abby's eye, so, as I was eating my supper, we put the TV on the Disney channel and began to watch "Parent Trap." We noticed that Abby was really watching the movie, so my Mom, Abby, and I just all watched it through its end. The therapists have said that television can be a familiar trigger, and it seemed like Abby was really engaged in the movie. Hopefully it stirred some good memories and sentiments in her...

Well, I suppose one remedy for fatigue is to not stay up too late, so I'd better close with thanks for your love and prayers and then have us all hit the sack! (Abby's already cutting the zzzzz's...)

Love,
Lee Ann, Gordon, Abby, and Frank

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home