Sunday, November 05, 2006

Abby update - November 4/5

Dear friends,
 
I have just finished reading a week's worth of emails at Kinko's and must start this update with a big "thank-you."  I have four pages filled with the names of churches and cities where people are praying for Abby (and that is after I made a mistake in the typing my email address last week that threw some of you off track for awhile).  This list touches our hearts, and, although at 20 cents per minute I didn't have time to reply to many emails, I want you to know how much your love and prayers mean to us.  They literally hold us and Abby up.  Your map is quite a testimony in Warm Springs to everyone who visits our room.  I'd like to explore how to get the results posted on a map online, so it can be a testimony to you as well (but later--not at 20 cents per minute!).
 
I'm sorry we missed posting an update yesterday.  The minimal internet access that we have at Warm Springs was out of commission, so I could not even post to the blog.  The weekend has been a good one for Abby, although she gets some time off from therapy on the weekends, so I don't have any therapist abuse stories.  It's all little increments, but each one is good--she continues to eat very well, she shows more alertness, I believe she showed some responses to our dogs in her facial expressions, she seems to be increasing her movements of her arms and legs, some of her muscular spasticity is relaxing, she has been free of fever and respiratory secretions for a week...no dramatic breakthrough like the movies, but we are taking good, small steps forward.
 
It is a slow pace on a long journey, but we intend to keep moving forward.  We're so glad you're on the journey with us...
 
Love,
Lee Ann, Gordon, Abby & Frank
 
 
 
 


Get your email and see which of your friends are online - Right on the new Yahoo.com

2 Comments:

At 2:58 AM , Blogger Jessie said...

Checking this blog and finding an update is the highlight of my day. I'm sure it was great to spend time with the dogs again. Hang in there - every step counts! Love you guys!

Jessie

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with Jessie's comment. I love these updates.
It is very exciting to hear about her progress. What a blessing to see God's hand at work!

We love you.

Aleta, Jay & Bekah

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home