Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Abby update - November 8

First, a little blog house-keeping...I heard from several folks today that the map on the blogsite was great, but I also heard from several folks that the addition of the map makes the blogsite really slow to load.  As a primitive dialer-upper at home myself, I'm always sensitive to the frustrations of trying to look at really slow websites.  I'd hate to lose or frustrate any of our readers, so I've decided to move the map to a different blogsite (hopefully soon).  If your connection speed allows it, then I'd really love to have you visit Abby's prayer map at http://abbymap.blogspot.com/ and sort your way through the Frappr software that will allow you to add a pin for your location.  I'm still keeping a hard copy of the map in Abby's room, so I would still welcome emails if you haven't yet told us where you're praying for Abby.
 
Today was another good day with Abby.  I know this is another analogy that is similar to having a newborn child, but I feel like each day recently is like watching a bud of a flower unfurling.  Today it was so easy to make Abby laugh--we talked about so many things that are familiar to our family, and she would join in with laughter.  I'm so happy that Frank is also a big part of interacting with Abby now.  I think he hasn't felt comfortable in the past, but he's sharing in the jokes now, playing his CDs for her--we're really feeling like a family.  Abby's movement and communication skills don't let her participate with us much yet (I'm gaining a great appreciation for the complexity of our body and its movements), but I'm really convinced that she's with us in spirit.
 
We did have to take one small step back today.  Abby was having a little trouble avoiding aspiration with the thin liquids (juice, milk, soft drinks) that we reintroduced this week, so we've gone back to thicker liquids for awhile.  No Dr. Pepper, but her speech therapist highly recommends ice cream, which Abby has really enjoyed!
 
So, keep reading and praying, and I'll keep letting you know how our beautiful flower is progressing...
 
Love,
Abby's whole family


Sponsored Link

Get a free Motorola Razr! Today Only! Choose Cingular, Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, or T-Mobile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home