Saturday, February 24, 2007

Abby update - February 24

Today was a busy day, but my post will be brief, as we're doing lots of preparation tonight. Abby put in some more violin practice today at a group lesson (she's been doing lots of practicing this week and hopes to play tomorrow at church), then we attended Frank's last basketball game of the season. The "Ballers" played with all their heart. They came up short again, but so many referees and coaches have complimented the boys on how hard they play and how much they have improved since the beginning of the season. If it's "how you play the game," then I think they had the best season of all...

We really enjoyed lunch and visits with Cousin Diane from Louisville and all the rest of my family. Diane is one of those people who has often called just when we needed her over the last few months--through her care and concern I often feel the love of my own father and all his family. We love you Diane.

For those of you late-night readers, please keep us in prayer on Sunday morning. As we lead our church service, we'll be trying to share the strength, healing and blessing that God provided in the months since Abby's accident. Abby and Frank will be a part of the service too, and we just want it to be a morning of hope and praise.

We have another prayer request as well. This morning my mother got word that her elder sister had passed away in Mississippi, so after the church service I'm going to drive with my mother to Mississippi. I'll then fly home after the funeral on Monday, while mom stays on a few days to help settle things there. We'd appreciate your prayers for that trip and for my mother's family.

So, for now, you can see that there are many things to get ready...Once again, God's strength is what we'll need...
Love,
-the Linams

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home