Sunday, February 04, 2007

Abby update - February 4

We had a super Sunday and hope you did too. We had a luncheon and some extended activities at church, and Abby spent much of her time just being with her teen group friends. She did eat at our table, where I counted three chocolate desserts on her plate! (Believe it or not, that's a praise for her, since it shows that her appetite is increasing. Now the three desserts on my plate--that's another matter...!)

When we got home the guys were sucked directly into the pre-game TV events, but Abby and Arby took advantage of the nice weather and did some agility practice. Each week she's a little quicker and more agile herself. When we finally get some consistently warm weather I'm looking forward to getting back to some agility classes with the two of them.

Finally, this evening I thought I'd just share a little Abby wisdom with you. As I've said before, she sometimes comes up with the wittiest phrases. We often harass her with some memory practice before bedtime, and, though she has good reason to indicate that she's tired of questions that begin with "Do you remember...?", she's usually good-natured about trying to answer them. One of her common responses, given with a smile, is "I'm thinking of something, but I'm not going to say it." For Abby that's a good sign, as it indicates that she's recognizing that the answer that comes to her mind is not logical or doesn't fit in some way, but I also think it's probably a good little piece of advice to all of us at one time or another. If only God would give us all the wisdom to know when we should just keep our mouths shut... :-) As Gordon and I begin another work week, maybe we'll just keep that little saying in mind...

Smiles to you all,
Lee Ann, Abby's Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home