Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Abby update - May 30

First, I just want to say thank you to all those who are continuing to read. I know that our posts lately have sounded like average family news, and yet that's the good news, isn't it? Over the course of this journey so many alternate images of the future have passed through our minds, but we have been granted the blessing of living life as an average family once more. I still ponder that perhaps the future for Abby and for us has been altered as a result of Abby's accident--perhaps in ways that we would regret, but perhaps in ways that will enrich us forever--I only know that we have been granted the grace to embrace it, whatever it holds...

And, so, with thanksgiving for average family news, I can tell you that Abby celebrated the final day of school today, that she is elated to have her friend Ashley over tonight, and that we enjoyed a beautiful walk this evening in the Blanco River Valley as the full moon rose over the escarpment edge and sunset colored the sky pink in the west. I can tell you that we are all looking forward to going to Schlitterbahn tomorrow, but that Frank has to finish his last two tests of the year first. And I can tell you that outside our front door are two golden retrievers that smell an awful lot like skunk...!

Life is full of blessings (if you can just get used to the smell...)!
-the Linams

2 Comments:

At 8:15 AM , Blogger Greg and Linda and family said...

better to smell like skunk outside than inside your house ; ) Sounds like its time for the tomato juice! Abby I'm very proud of how far you have come. Now that school is out you can start thinking about when to come play with horses with Aunt Linda : ) We enjoy reading this blog every day.

 
At 9:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not know how you keep up with all the activities your average family does. It wears me out reading about them. I look forward to every daily report.
Wade

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home