Monday, May 28, 2007

Abby update - May 28

Watch out! This morning all the Linams (including Amigo and Arby, naturally) were out on Little Ranches Road for the morning walk/jog. Gordon set a high standard, deciding to run most of the way, and I guess it was inspiring, because Abby and Frank each ran nearly a mile! My excuse is that Gordon has the running gene, and, while it's highly likely Abby and Frank inherited it, I could not have of course...Anyway, it was good to see Abby, who's always been somewhat of a natural distance runner, back in her stride...

The rest of the day went well. Abby's working really hard to learn a lot of material for her last Health test (who says the last week of school is just playing around??), and I feel like I'm still learning a lot about what works for her. I know she's looking forward to the summer break, and I'm encouraged by some recent conversations with teachers and therapists about some "fun" learning and rebuilding opportunities we could pursue this summer (Abby has forbidden me to use the word "therapy!"). Pray that we find the right balance of "non-therapy" and play for the summer...

I have a feeling that "play" portion will include lots of time in the water. The recent rains have the roadside pond near our house full of fresh, clean rainwater, so the kids and dogs and I jumped in this afternoon after school to cool off. I think that means summer has officially begun...

Bring it on!
-the Linams

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home