Thursday, March 08, 2007

Abby update - March 8

Sorry, but tonight we offer only an annotated blog--my alarm is going to ring far too early in the morning (I have to teach a workshop in College Station). So...here's the brief version:

*Abby had a good day of therapy. She has improved so much in her running, jumping, and swimming, and her speech therapist and I were talking about how far she's come in the cognitive area as well. She did have a little trouble with some 3-D puzzles today, but I think I would have too!

*The Taurus wagon is down again after one day on the road. It's radiator overflowed when I pulled into the driveway this afternoon (running late for Abby's appointment with Mrs. Ruiz), which led to the next unplanned crisis:

*I was washing down the driveway to make sure all the coolant was washed away when I looked up to see Arby licking his lips. I wasn't sure if he had drunk any of the coolant water from the car, but our veterinarian advised that we have a blood screen performed at the Austin Emergency Animal Clinic (ethylene glycol poisoning may not cause any immediate effects, but can ultimately cause fatal liver and kidney damage if not treated quickly.) So, we all headed back to Austin, where they made Arby throw up and made us wait until after 9 p.m. before we learned that his test was clear. Thank God.

I'm thinking of reading in the book of Job tonight...
Lee Ann, Gordon, Abby & Frank (& one thankful, hungry dog Arby)

2 Comments:

At 7:21 AM , Blogger Greg and Linda and family said...

First off, you did the right thing by taking Arby to ER, However I am so sorry to hear that you HAD to add that annoyance to your day. Having car troubles is equivalent to having a bad toothache, I hope you are able to remedy that whole situation soon. Hang in there. It sure does sound like the book of Job would be appropriate for you right now : )
I think a good vacation to AZ would be a great remedy ; )

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger Jessie said...

My personal opinion is that a vacation to Denver would be a great remedy, and good therapy for all involved as well. But I guess that trip requires a reliable car, so we'll have to wait just a while longer. :) So sorry that you've had a rough week. My sympathies! Hopefully next week will be a bit less traumatic....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home