Sunday, August 26, 2007

Linam Vacation Update - August 26

Hiking in Zion NP

We're BACK! And the desert canyon country was breathtaking!

We packed a lot of sightseeing (and driving) into 13 days. Fredonia, AZ, population about 3,000 and home of my sister-in-law, Linda, is truly the center of the "Grand Circle." Plus, the scenery on the way there and back wasn't too shabby either (well, except for the flat parts of West Texas, which go on and on and on...). Frank had a great time climbing rocks. Abby had a great time riding every horse she could. I had a great time lizard- and bird-watching (and even had a close encounter with a California Condor!). I think Gordon had a great time too, even considering that he spent more than a week with all my family. And we all enjoyed the smiles from Linda and Greg's one-year-old daughter. I've decided that Frank's first writing assignment for homeschool will be to put his trip diary up on our travel blog (www.linamramblings.blogspot.com) [the link is in the side panel to the right], so feel free to follow along on our trip (and see LOTS more photos) as he starts posting to that site this week.

Speaking of homeschool, school starts tomorrow for both Abby and Frank. Frank has asked to homeschool again. I'm thankful that my work schedule allows me the flexibility to be with him (we actually work side-by-side quite a lot), and I'm thankful that he still wants to spend time at home and with me. Last year his homeschooling was a blessing in allowing our family to be together, but this year we're looking forward to a more normal year at home for school, God willing.

As for Abby, she very much wants to be back among her classmates at Hill Country Christian School, and I'm very glad for that. It's a warm, supportive environment, with a lot of Godly love. Because she was so far ahead in her schoolwork before the accident, the great news is that Abby will be able to start with her regular 8th grade classes. The downside is that I'm feeling like a tearful mother of a kindergartener again! I'm always very emotional the night before school begins, anyway, and this year brings extra emotions. One is that I know Abby may face some challenges in areas where she's never had them before. Please pray for her as she begins this year and faces those challenges. But the other side is mainly me--Abby and I have spent so much time together over the last 10 months. We're truly closer than we have ever been before (how many mothers of a 13-year-old can say that??), and I'm going to miss having her near me. So, say a little prayer for me too, okay? (She would be saying, "Okay, Mom, no crying.")

But, like all nights before school begins, there is much to do, so I'd better close--thanks for reading...hope you enjoy the photos below--keep checking Frank's diary for additional updates...
Love,
-the Linams

P.S. I almost forgot the mention a very special praise and prayer request! When we came through El Paso on our way home we stopped in to see Priscilla and her family. (Priscilla was the 18-month-old who was also a patient at Warm Springs when we were there, and her mother and I shared many emotions and hugs while there). She has improved so much--now being able to sit up, eat well, and use her hands, while starting to make some sounds and stand and move with support. She's such a beautiful little girl. We were happy to see her having come so far, but I know her family would cherish your prayers for her continued and complete improvement.
Abby riding "Lilly," a one-ton Shire

At Saguaro NP

At Cedar Breaks National Monument

At the North Rim of the Grand Canyon




3 Comments:

At 11:35 PM , Blogger Greg and Linda and family said...

We did have a great time. I'm not sure that the population of Fredonia is 3000, I think it is more like 1300 or less : ). Glad you made it home safely and hopefully without sickness. We made it home a day or two ahead of you but sickness looms in our household. Hope Abby and Frank have a good time with school. Talk to you soon.

Love,
Aunt Linda

 
At 6:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say I enjoyed having all the Johnson's/linam's together for a vacation, it was fun and exhilarating time. But, now back to work, which for me means continuing to try to find work, so please be in prayer for me about that.

Uncle Greg

 
At 2:27 PM , Blogger Ambie said...

I am glad that you all enjoyed your trip, but I am glad to see you back in our hometown.
Amber

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home