Sunday, August 05, 2007

Linam Family Update - August 5

I'm happy to report that Abby is recovering rapidly from her surgery. We let her take it easy all week--watching lots of DVDs and drinking lots of milkshakes--but this weekend was back up to "Linam-speed!"

We headed home to Austwell and Victoria for the first time in several months for some special family events, but first we need to tell you a fish story...Gordon and the kids were eager to try some fishing from the Austwell pier when we arrived there Friday night. After only a few minutes Abby's tiny, cheap "perch" pole started bending and running out line, while Abby excitedly called, "I've got something!" At the same time, Frank's pole started bending and he called out "I've got something!" What Abby had was a 20-inch redfish. What Frank had was Abby's line. Just when we thought we were going to have to divide that nice redfish down the middle, like Solomon and the baby, Frank's line came unhooked and Abby landed Austwell's biggest fish of the night. The adrenaline kept us fishing for another couple of hours, but produced no more fish tales...or brotherly-sisterly competition...

On Saturday we attended the Linam family reunion, where we got lots of good barbecue and lots of hugs (and the kids enjoyed a pavilion soccer game). Everyone was especially glad to see Abby, but every time I tried to tell them some interesting story about our past year, like the trips to the TAMU softball games or Frank's All-Star season, they would say "Oh yes, I read it on the blog..." Hmmmm--maybe I shouldn't write everything, just so I can have something left for conversation!! Just kidding--it's an honor to have so many readers...and so many people praying for Abby...

Then back to Cuero for my niece Kayla's first birthday! She seemed genuinely happy with all the gifts, but especially happy about eating her first two cupcakes. Ahhhh--cake....! It was good to have all of the Texas Johnsons there. We also got the chance to visit Cheyenne and the other horses. Anyone in the market for a very sassy, very fat, but very healthy little mare??

Finally, we spent last night and today with Gordon's parents. Grandma Linam spoiled us all with some really great food as always. I'll have to do some serious hiking in Arizona next week to work it off...but now I'd better close and start tackling this week's serious packing...

Love,
-the Linams

1 Comments:

At 10:19 PM , Blogger Ambie said...

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun. I am too. The wedding was beautiful. Plus I am enjoying the time with my cousins from my dad's side. Enjoy your time in Arizona. See you when you get back.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home