Monday, March 12, 2007

Abby update - March 12

Abby put in another long day today. We traveled back to Warm Springs in San Antonio, where she endured four hours of assessment by the neuro-psychologist there. Actually, we knew the time for these standard tests (which assess where any learning difficulties may remain after 5-6 months) was coming up, and we really like Dr. Eubanks, but it was still a long afternoon for Abby. He'll be taking a look at the results, and then we will have the opportunity to meet with him to see what the results suggest. He emphasized that this is just a "point in time" assessment (the tests are usually repeated in a year), but we are hopeful that the results may help us, Abby, and her teachers as she returns to school.

Each time I've returned, I've been surprised at how much fondness I have for the setting at Warm Springs. Today I was struck by how everything is blooming there. As I looked around and saw the new green leaves and purple mountain laurel, pink redbud, and white pear blooms I remembered how brown and then bare everything seemed during our time there. And I was happy for the renewal of life and our own blossom...

Love,
Abby's Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home