Thursday, June 07, 2007

Abby update - June 6/7

Sorry for no post yesterday. It was my birthday, so I set an easy pace (well, except for the early morning commute to Austin) and just enjoyed some of my favorite things—eating Greek and Thai food (not together!), reading a novel, floating on the river, and spending time with my wonderful husband and my two loving children. (Abby and Gordon even made me a breakfast pastry and a birthday pie!). The hugs I received were the best gift I could imagine, but thanks for all the well-wishes many of you sent my way!

Today was another good day, as Gordon and I enjoyed the cool morning at the lacrosse fields (a red-tailed hawk showed up today to chase all those parrots!) and Abby spent the day with Taylor. Frank even received a “Camper of the Day” award at camp! Afterwards my office provided more pie (no scales allowed during this week…). Tonight Abby started riding again at the therapy riding center. She pestered me nearly every day about horses during May when riding therapy took a break, so maybe getting back into the saddle will help meet her need for an equine “fix”…! Girls and horses…I guess I can’t complain, ‘cause I know a young red-headed girl who used to pester her parents the same way…

And now, Abby tells me I need to be downstairs watching the Spurs beat Cleveland with them, so I’d better sign off.

Go Spurs Go!

Lee Ann & the rest

2 Comments:

At 7:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee Ann,I am glad your birthday was a good one. When is the basketball allstar game playoff? Maybe I could make that and your birhdays at the same time? There is an event at the church conference on Saturday I would like to attend. Love. Mom

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger JG said...

Happy belated birthday you redheaded cuz. Well it's off to the ballgame to get fried, oops, watch the maroon clad Mississippi State Bulldogs play at 11:00.

See ya!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home