Friday, December 22, 2006

Abby update - December 22

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas--finally, around the Linam house, that is. This evening we decorated a beautiful tree that friends left for us at our house. We always enjoy decorating the tree as a family, and this year the evening was especially meaningful. It was so good to have Abby again hanging ornaments on the tree--a little shakier and slower this year, but she is with us. We've learned that life truly is very fragile and that moments like these are jewels to treasure.

It was a good ending to a day that was a little hard for me. I think I woke up realizing that I miss our safety net of doctors, nurses, and therapists all around us (not to mention the cooks and cleaning staff!!). We did have visits here at home from a physical therapist and occupational therapist who will be a part of the team treating Abby (a speech therapist will come tomorrow). Both of the therapists were wonderful and seemingly very capable young women, but I think I've just come to realize that we as a family are going to be primarily responsible for Abby's recovery. With the blanket of prayer that has surrounded us, we know we're not alone, but sometimes it seems like a very huge and very critical responsibility. The therapists have, however, been good about giving us specific assignments and goals to work toward, so it will just require a new discipline of faith and dedication (and organization, I think) in this next stage.

I suppose a part of that discipline should be a more reasonable bedtime, so I'll join the rest of the family in saying, "Good night!"
--Lee Ann & the rest of Abby's family...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home