Sunday, December 10, 2006

Abby update - December 10

I've thought of a few praises for Abby that I think I failed to record earlier. First, a few days ago I asked Abby if she'd like to pray before our meal. She said "yes," and offered a wonderful simple prayer of a few sentences. She did that for us again today. Sometimes simple words are so hard to come by, and sometimes real humor or emotion or reflection escapes through her lips.

And yesterday Abby got to eat tamales! Her speech therapist is gradually moving her back to a nearly normal diet, so I figured she was ready to try the tamales that her Grandma Linam brought her last week. She really enjoyed them. It may seem like a small step forward, but I so vividly remember someone bringing us tamales to eat during our first few days in ICU, and, with the first bite, I couldn't go on--all I could remember was how much Abby loves tamales. Now tamales taste that much better to me...

We didn't have therapy today, but her therapists left her with homework, so we worked on a few cognitive questions for Speech, worked on neck flexion for PT, and worked on using the left hand more for OT. Other than that, we didn't do much but be together today, with drizzly weather outside. I have a feeling that there will come a day when we look back with longing at these days when all we did was simply be together...I know I already appreciate them more...

With appreciation,
-the Linams

1 Comments:

At 12:22 AM , Blogger Greg and Linda and family said...

It is so exciting to watch Abbys progress. I don't sleep well at nights until I've checked the blog. I don't comment much but my prayers for Abby are said multiple times each day. We know that life has been changed forever for Abby, Frank, Lee Ann and Gordon but we still believe God has an amazing plan so that someday we will see how the challenges of this event have strengthened us all and how they have ministered to others. I can't wait to see Abby again. Her horse, Cheyenne, is having a great time here on pasture running crazily with the other 3 horses. She was the only good horse in the bunch friday when the other 3 decided to go for a run down the highway. She waited impatiently at the pasture until we could get them all back with her. Abby, you'll be riding with me again soon and you can have a talk with those horses.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home