Thursday, January 04, 2007

Abby update - January 4

Today was a good day for Abby. Her memory seemed to show some improvement during her speech therapy session, and she did some good training work with Arby during our morning walk. She also played several other beginning violin songs by memory, but she did complain to me at one point today that her fingers wouldn't do what she was telling them--sometimes her way of saying things just cracks me up!

Today also would have been my father's 75th birthday. Our family still misses him, and, thinking of him among the events of the last few months have made me realize how much we need to let people know we treasure them. Today I received several emails from people telling me how they are still praying for Abby. Thank you--Though I may not know all of you well (or at all!) I treasure all of you that are praying. Then, this evening, we received a visit and a wonderful dinner from some of the neighbors who were immediately at the scene when Taylor and Abby were hit--people whom we didn't know before, but who probably saved Abby's life. His testimony about the Spirit of God at the scene will be something that Gordon and I will, like Mary in the Bible, keep and treasure in our hearts.

So, tell someone you treasure them today, because you still have the chance today...
Love,
-the Linams

1 Comments:

At 2:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you all! :)
I am thankful for His mercy and goodness demonstrated in your lives during this process. Life is indeed short and the only thing that gives us meaning and fulfillment is knowing God and serving Him in His purpose.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home