Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Abby update - January 3

We had another quiet day of home repair and "everything's a therapy lesson." We've been trying to help Abby compensate for her memory issues by having her keep a "Day-Timer" type calendar (i.e. If it's Wednesday at 9, it must be time for a walk...). Between her memory work and Frank's homeschooling, I feel like I spend most of my day making lists!

There are so many moments when I long for Abby to not face these physical and cognitive struggles, but today I have felt blessed. Each time I walk in the room where Abby is, I hear a cheerful "Hi Mom!" There were so many long days when Gordon and I longed to hear those words, and now they come all the time. And of course, there were days before the accident when cheerful "Hi Mom"s were not that frequent from a 12-year-old. If we have to pass through some of these learning stages again, then I want to savor them and express my gratitude to God for giving us such a joyful treasure in our daughter and for not allowing that to be taken away.

So, I hope you can stop by this Saturday and get a cheerful "Hi" for yourself. Directions to our house are now posted in the margin.

Until then...
Lee Ann, Gordon, Abby, & Frank

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home